I have lived in my home for nearly ten years. During those ten years, I apparently had some unwelcome tenants eating the wood in my basement. I found out that there were termites destroying my home and that I was going to have to get some serious repair work done. The damage that those tiny insects caused to my home left me bewildered. I had thought about attempting the damage repairs myself, but quickly realized that it would be work better left to the professional damage contractors. If your home has been eaten by termites, take a few moments to visit my site to find out what all really needs to be done to ensure the damage is repaired and those pests don't return.
Your bathroom is a naturally moist place. Between the water from the faucet and the humidity produced each time you shower or bathe, there is a fair amount of moisture in this area. Since moisture is the primary cause of mold growth, compared to other areas of your home, your bathroom is generally at a greater risk for mold development than other areas. Learning to prevent mold growth in your bathroom can prove to be especially helpful.
Between shower gels, body scrubs and shampoo, you probably have a fair amount of products lined up in your shower. This seemingly innocent practice can actually be contributing to issues with mold. This is especially true if you are storing these products on the floor or base of the shower or tub.
Storing these items this way creates a perfect place for mold to grow and hide, particularly if you aren't using the products each day. Take some time to determine what products you actually use every day. Anything that you aren't using regularly should be removed.
Most people have an exhaust fan installed in their bathroom; however, not everyone uses theirs. Make certain you are using your exhaust fan on a regular basis, particularly if you don't have any windows in your bathroom. An exhaust fan does an excellent job at removing humidity from the air, which is a major contributor of mold growth.
Ideally, you want to turn the exhaust fan on each time you bathe or shower. Once finished, allow the fan to remain on for at least another 30 minutes to ensure as much moisture as possible is removed from the air.
Don't Minimize Mold
If you happen to notice an area of mold in your bathroom, or any other area of your home, make certain you're not minimizing it and overlooking the issue. Even a small amount of mold growth requires the attention of a mold removal company.
The most important thing to understand about mold is that it grows rapidly. Each passing day that you aren't treating the mold, spores will continue to develop, increasing the damage to your home and your health. At the first sign of mold growth, make certain you are reaching out to a professional from a company like ServiceMaster by Restoration Xperts.
Make certain you are doing your part to keep your home and family protected. Preventing mold growth and seeking removal services when necessary is how you can easily accomplish this goal.